New material - Nylon CF15 Carbon April 12 2017
We introduce the latest product in the portfolio of cutting-edge filaments for 3D printing from Fillamentum company.
Nylon CF15 Carbon is enriched with additional ingredients to improve physical properties of the filament. The new composition gives the material a new aesthetic quality.
- With addition of carbon particles into the fibre, we achieved an increased prints impact resistance, which will be appreciated by serious printers. We tested this property on prints and no destruction occurred even at 20 °C bellow zero, so the material does not become brittle when cold as other plastics.
- Resistance to abrasion increased and therefore the fibre Nylon CF15 is a great choice, for example, to print the gears and other machine parts, which require a functionality, durability and strength.
- It is known that nylons readily absorb moisture from the environment, which can cause print defects. Carbon Fibre CF15 has a much lower moisture absorption than regular nylon.
- Other no less interesting properties of the filaments are its thermal and chemical resistance.
- This nylon has not only interesting physical properties, but also its aesthetic matte black finish of carbon. It is therefore also suitable for use in architecture and design.
- This maerial is due to the adition of carbon abrasive. Therefore use them only with nozzle suitable for this purpose - hardened steel or ceramic.
Nylon CF15 Carbon is a technical material with easy processing in printers and reinforcement physical features. I am glad that I can introduce it to you.
Founder of Fillamentum