Nylon AF80 Aramid is soon here! February 20 2020
Fillamentum Industrial introduces one of the strongest materials on the market. Aramid fiber-reinforced Nylon, known as Nylon AF80 Aramid. This filament is an excellent choice for heavy-duty applications that also need to remain flexible at the same time.
Aramid is also known as Kevlar. Kevlar is a synthetic aramid polyamide. Its molecular structure makes it able to withstand extreme heat. Nylon reinforced with aramid fibers is a filament with excellent mechanical and printing properties. High-temperature, wear, and tensile resistance are the main features, while the excellent hardness is also one of the most notable features of this unique industrial filament.
Furthermore, Nylon AF80 Aramid also provides tribological properties. All of these make it suitable for the fabrication of products like an unwinding wheel, bearings, or cogwheels. This durable material resists a wide range of chemicals, including car fluids.
Thanks to the excellent layer adhesion, the smooth surface of the printed product can seem like produced by an injection molding machine. Nylon AF80 Aramid is an effective way to cut down on your industrial manufacturing costs with high-quality, innovative material. The recommended printing temperature is in the range of 235 - 260 °C, and the heated bed temperature is in the range of 80 - 105 °C. The ease of printing is maintained thanks to a very low shrinkage and great bed adhesion. The best results were achieved with a glass bed and PVA glue. Also, Magigoo and Magigoo PA work fine.
Follow Fillamentum Industrial:
What to print | Gears April 21 2017
What will you print during this weekend?
If you don't know, here are some ideas for gears in things.
If you know of any great model, that we are missing, please let us know and we can add it. Similarly, if you print out of Fillamentum some nice prints, send us photos, we share them on the web and social networks!
Functional Differential Gear System
Made by: Thing-O-Fun
Model: Functional Differential Gear System on Thingiverse (on the picture printed by Bernie Solo)
SAKURA GEAR RING
KINECT GEAR TOY
PLANETARY GEAR MODULE PART 1
Made by: Cults
Model: TRIPLE GEAR on Cults3D
GEARHEAD IPHONE DOCK
HAND SPINNER FOUR GEARS
If you printed some nice gears from Fillamentum materials and want to share it with us, you are welcome here!
New material - Nylon CF15 Carbon April 12 2017
We introduce the latest product in the portfolio of cutting-edge filaments for 3D printing from Fillamentum company.
Nylon CF15 Carbon is enriched with additional ingredients to improve physical properties of the filament. The new composition gives the material a new aesthetic quality.
- With addition of carbon particles into the fibre, we achieved an increased prints impact resistance, which will be appreciated by serious printers. We tested this property on prints and no destruction occurred even at 20 °C bellow zero, so the material does not become brittle when cold as other plastics.
- Resistance to abrasion increased and therefore the fibre Nylon CF15 is a great choice, for example, to print the gears and other machine parts, which require a functionality, durability and strength.
- It is known that nylons readily absorb moisture from the environment, which can cause print defects. Carbon Fibre CF15 has a much lower moisture absorption than regular nylon.
- Other no less interesting properties of the filaments are its thermal and chemical resistance.
- This nylon has not only interesting physical properties, but also its aesthetic matte black finish of carbon. It is therefore also suitable for use in architecture and design.
- This maerial is due to the adition of carbon abrasive. Therefore use them only with nozzle suitable for this purpose - hardened steel or ceramic.
Nylon CF15 Carbon is a technical material with easy processing in printers and reinforcement physical features. I am glad that I can introduce it to you.
Founder of Fillamentum